Saturday, May 7, 2011

People Movin' In 'n Stuff

Me step-sista gonna move in wit' me, 'n she gonna stay fo'... few mont's, t'ree mont's o' so.
I'm excited. It's going to be fun.
In other news, I think I'm gradually developing a stutter for some reason. But it's only when I talk casually to my friends. I don't really go, "A-and then she said she w-was some kinda dumb, b-b-but she's not." I just sort of go, "And then, and then she said she was, she was kinda dumb; but she's not." I don't do it purposefully. Do lots of people do that? I don't know, I hope I'm not developing a stutter. It would annoy the crap out of me when I'm trying to say something.
Isn't my life riveting? Yeah, so, I'll end this with an equally uninteresting excerpt from a story I'm writing.

He looked down at the yellow bottle swinging in Terry's hand as they walked. "You gonna drink that?"
Terry looked down at his lemonade, three-quarters full. He only bought it at the last gas station they passed because he had a little money left and thought he'd be thirsty later. "What? I've already drank out of it."
"I don't care. Can I have some?"
Terry lightly grimaced. "But...but I've already drank out of it."
Matt laughed at him. "Fine, if you don't want me to drink it, I'll just be thirsty until we get back."
Terry held out the bottle. "Fine, you can have it."
"Germ-ophobe," Matt teased as he took the bottle and had a long sip out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment